Tuesday, December 20, 2011

NEW VIDEO: Carrie Whitney, Publicist

Publicist Carrie Whitney discusses what it's like to be an independent publicist with group of high school students at Grady High School in Atlanta.  In this 44 minute talk, Carrie covers a brief history of Public Relations including a story of Edward Bernays and how he went from creating war propaganda to creating the very first "Flash Mob".

Carrie received very complimentary comments from the students.  Here are some the things they had to say about her talk:
  • I want you to know that your time did not go to waste. I am considering being a publicist.     --De'Avis
  • I'm hoping to build a network with you because I am in the process of opeing my own store.     --Mercedes
  • You were very informative and interesting. I appreciate you and have the utmost respect for you.     --Shayla
  • You seem to like you have a wonderful and interesting career.     --Jamil
  • You have come a long way and it would be an honor of mine to hear you speak more so I can gain more knowledge.     --Terrance 

No comments:

Post a Comment