Monday, September 19, 2011

Feedback from Grady High Students on Genie Sockel's Talk

Recently, Genie Sockel spoke about her career path to kick off a series of 18 talks scheduled at Grady High this year. She talked about how she went to Yale Law school and made a transition to creating a sensitivity training company.

The students seemed to really respond to her inspirational message and many chose to send her thank you notes to express their feelings.  Here are some excerpts from the notes that Genie received from the students:

  1. "You convinced me that you have to follow your dream.  I was absolutely inspired by your presentation."
     
  2. "As you presented, every word you said was meaningful."
     
  3. "You helped me put my future into perspective. You showed us when you said just because you went to college for law,  you still changed your career path."
     
  4. "Your presentation has motivated me to take more control of my life and career path.  I admire your hard work and it makes me want to work even harder."
     
  5. "I did learn something...thank you for coming on short notice."
     
  6. "You made me realize that through work and perseverance, you can achieve anything." 
     
  7. "I love you, you are awesome."
     
  8. "I really took what you said into consideration."
     
  9. "Thank you for being an inspiration and teaching us something new....thank you for bringing out important information about networking, discrimination, and tools that can get us through life." 
     
  10. "You taught me "Akamai" which I think is cool."
     
  11. "You have inspired me and releaved stress.  Now, I'm not worried about zig-zagging and changing my major or career path."
     
  12. "I have learned a few key tips to find my goal in life." 
     
  13. "You are good people!"
The entire talk can be viewed here:



Genie Sockel: Being Your Akamai Self from Grady Talks on Vimeo.

Experienced Lawyer, Genie Sockel, owner of Akamai Sensitivity Training (akamaisensitivitytraining.com) talks to a class at Atlanta's Grady High School about her career and the student's future. Genie shares her experiences with the students and asks them to think of the benefits make a good impression on people and avoiding unintended offenses due to a lack of cultural sensitivity. She explains what it means to understand your own personal "Smarts" and to use your "Smartness" to leverage improvements in other parts of your life.

http://bit.ly/nmnYdu

No comments:

Post a Comment